USSR Perspectives on West: Hostile of...
- 1)Western invasion of Russia/USSR 3x
- 2)Western intervention in Russia's civil war (1918-1921)-exacerbates war
- 3)No diplomatic recognition by the US til 1933-(Bolsheviks take over tsar rule)
- 4)No effective western partnership with USSR to stop Hitler
- 5)No western or 2nd Front until June 1944 (by that time Ger. had been pushed to preWWII boundaries)
- 6)Reneging of wartime agreements-Churchill and Stalin ~= Sphere of Influence
- 7)Poland- USSR didn't want it to be a Dem.->anti-USSR