Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Post WWII Characteristics
- 1)Destruction of Great Powers: Br,Fr,It,Ger,Jap
- 2)Est. of Bi-Polar World: USA/USSR
- 3)Atomic War Power:Atomic bomb(fission)/Nuclear bomb(fusion)-Triad
- 4)Indep. 3rd World decolonization movement: Phillipeans/India/Pakistan
- 5)International Organizations: UN(political)/European Union(economic)
USSR Perspectives on West: Hostile of...
- 1)Western invasion of Russia/USSR 3x
- 2)Western intervention in Russia's civil war (1918-1921)-exacerbates war
- 3)No diplomatic recognition by the US til 1933-(Bolsheviks take over tsar rule)
- 4)No effective western partnership with USSR to stop Hitler
- 5)No western or 2nd Front until June 1944 (by that time Ger. had been pushed to preWWII boundaries)
- 6)Reneging of wartime agreements-Churchill and Stalin ~= Sphere of Influence
- 7)Poland- USSR didn't want it to be a Dem.->anti-USSR
USA Perspective on USSR
- 1)War Communism
- 2)Russians gov't repudiated the tsarist war debt
- 3)Execution of the Royal Family
- 4)Peace Treaty with Germany(1918)Lennon initiative
- 5)Inciting Asian colonies to revolt
USA Perspective on USSR conti...
- 6)USSR failed to stop propaganda in the US after recognition of USSR
- 7)Failed soviet promise to allow freedom of religion
- 8)PURGES(1936-37) Gov't party & military admitted to treason: mass execution of Bolsheviks
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview