The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Are groups of interbreeding populations that evolve independently from other groups
Organisms can exist in the same species even if___
They do not have the same appearance
- -prevent mating between the species
- 1.Geographical isolation
- 2.Ecological Isolation
- 3.Temporal Isolation
- 4.Behavioral Isolation
- 5.Mechanical Incompatibility
- -hybrid offspring are less fit
- 1.Gametic incompatibility
- 2.Hybrid Inviability
- 3.Hybrid Infertility
- Something agricultural blocking a species from expanding throughout the area.
- Ex. Rivers, Oceans, Mountains etc.
Main Causes for Extinction
Habitat change and destruction
How do new species form(Requirements)
- Reproductive Isolation of populations
- Genetic Divergence