Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How much CO does the kidney receive?
How much kidney filtrate formed/day?
Does the SNS constrict or relax the renal system?
What is the function of AngII?
- Constrict efferent/afferent arterioles
- ****Efferent more affected
What is the range of MW for molecules that can and can't pass the glomerulus?
MW 7000 - 70,000
Can a negative ion pass the glomerulus?
No, due to negative charged diaphragm
Does AngII increase/decrease Kf? How?
- Contracts Mesangial cells
What is the function of ANP, glucocorticoids, NO and prostaglandins?
Dilate Efferent/Afferent arteriole
Describe tubuloglomerular feedback?
- GFR increases and causes more NaCl to be present at glomerulus
- Macula Densa cells recognize increase in NaCl and signal
- Signalling causes constriction of afferent arteriole
- constriction of afferent arteriole causes GFR and RBF to decrease
What chemical constricts the afferent arterial in the Tubuloglomerular system?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview