Describe the Process of Blood Glucose Regulation: hormones involved, condition/situation that activates hormone, result of hormone action.
- *Insulin and Glucagon are key factors in controlling blood glucose
- When blood glucose rises above normal range:
- 1. insulin is released
- 2. glucose is transported into cells or Conversion of glucose to glycogen happens to LOWER IT back to normal
- When blood glucose falls below normal range:
- 1. Pancreas releases Glucagon
- 2. Breakdown of glycogen to glucose OR increased gluconeogenesis happens to RISE IT back to normal