hist 2 d
Card Set Information
hist 2 d
history exam 2 questions
1. The ____ trial was an American legal case in which a high school biology teacher was accused of teaching
evolution to students.
2. Because the stock market crashedin 1942, which class was wiped out?
3. Which republican encouragedAmericans to put their money in big businesses & which eventually led tothe Great Depression?
4. Biggest difference betweencommunists and nazis was that ____
Answer: they werenational, NOT international
5. Nazis pass the Nuremberg lawwhich states that ____
Answer: Jews are nowdeclared to be a race
6. Where a conference was held todecide what to do with the refugees/jews (also the name of water)
7. Kristallnacht is also referred toas ____
Answer: Night of BrokenGlass
8. The stock market crashed on ____
Answer: Black Thursday
9. What are the three R's of the NewDeal
Answer: Relief,Recovery, Reform
10. What adminstrative program wascommited to creating jobs for Americans
11. What program paid farmers NOT tofarm
12. What program created insuredbanks and protected deposits?
13. What program made sure thatanother stock market crash would not occur?
14: The Social SecurityAdministration's purpose is to:
Answer: take care ofthe elderly
15. The Glass-Steagall Act dividestwo kinds of banks. These are ___
Answer:Investment & Commercial Banks
16. The Hoover Dam had nothing to dowith the Great Depression. It's purpose was to _____
Answer: havethousand of workers that get paid in cash and that money goes into circulation.
17. What laws decided who was Jewishand who was not?
Answer: theNuremberg blood laws
18. _____ means a politcal marriagebetween Germandy & Austria
19. _____ was in charge ofallocating raw materials.
20. ___ determined how muchinformation should be given out to the public.