The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
IL-10, TGF Beta
Proinflammatory Cytokines secreated by Epithelial Cells?
IL1, IL6, TNF alpha, IL 15
Small cationic peptides, pokes holes in membrane of microbes
Small cationic peptides: destablize membranes of microbes
- Surfactant Protiens A and D
- secreted by Type II alveolar cells: permeailization of membranes and opsonization
- Muramidase: cleaves gram postive cell walls
How do normal microbiota fight invading microbes?
- Compete for space, nutrients
- some produce antibacterial stubstances: lactic acid, H2o2, and bacteriocins
Most common causes of Disease in human?
Acute Respiratory Tract infection
what is the main secreted Immunoglobulins in mucosal?
IGA, hooks onto pathogen like a ball and chian, can bind to toxins to neutralize. it interferse with pathogen adhesion
IGG is used for opsinization
Decribe Mucosal Immunity?
- Alveolar Macrophages First line of defense
- scretes IL-10 to avoid inflamation
- resides in lamina propria
- Represent about 85% of alveloar inflmmatory cell present in bronchalveolar lavage
Describe Macrophages in mucosal immunity killing mechanisms?
- Phagocytosis SP-A and SP d opsonized pathgens.
- uses ROSs
- uses antimicrobial cationic peptides like Beta defensins and cathelicidnins, also uses lysozyme
can secreate IL8 to recuit neutrophils when too much microbes