Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
"Babe the ox feels better in the morning and begins to nuzzle Paul Bunyan's neck. When people or animals _____ you, they gently rub you with their faces to show that they like you." (from Gateways 2 Anthology, p. 200)
What is this 6 letters vocabulary verb word?
1. What would a dog nuzzle, a puppy or a football? Explain.
2. Would a baby nuzzle a mean babysitter? Explain.
"After Paul rescues Babe from the cold, the two are _____ . If people are _____, they feel very close to each other and want to be together all the time." (from Gateways 2 Anthology, p. 200)
What is this 11 letters vocabulary adjective word?
1. Who would be considered inseparable, a happily-married couple or a dog and cat who keep fighting? Explain.
2. Are best friends inseparable
? Why or why not?
"When Paul spends the first night with Babe, he is not sure the ox will live through th night. He is _____ about whether the ox will survive . If people are _____, about something, you question it or doubt it." (from Gateways 2 Anthology, p. 200)
What is this 9 letters vocabulary adjective word?
1. What would a contestant on a TV singing show be quizzical about, why people thought he sang well or why people thought he sang badly? Explain.
2. If you studied hard for a test, would you be quizzical
about earning a good grade? Why or why not?
"In the tall tale, Paul Bunyan _____ through his telescope when he wants to see something far away. If you _____ at something, you look at it closely." (from Gateways 2 Anthology, p. 201)
What is this 4 letters vocabulary verb word?
1. Who would peer
at your face, an eye doctor or a soccer coach? Explain.
2. What would you hope to see if you peered
through a telescope? Explain.
"Paul Bunyan decides when and where he will work. He has _____ about the kind of work he will do. If you have _____, you are independent and free to make your own choices." (from Gateways 2 Anthology, p. 201)
What is this 8 letters vocabulary noun word?
1. Does a student or a teacher have more autonomy
when it comes to creating the classroom schedule? Explain.
2. Does a young child living at home have much autonomy
? Why or why not?
"For many years, loggers and lumberjacks told respectful stories about Paul Bunyan. They told stories filled with _____. If you have _____ for someone, you show that person deep respect." (from Gateways 2 Anthology, p. 201)
What is this 9 letters vocabulary noun word?
1. Who might an English teacher have greater reverence
for, a great writer or a person who writes TV commercials? Explain.
2. Do people have reverence
for their heroes? Why or why not?