Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Things to remember when teaching wheelchair mobility
- Explain in simple terms, demonstrate
- use hand over hand assistance
- need to incorporate forward, backward, left and right turns, negotiating obstacles including burs ramps doors and other environmental obstacles
- smooth and rough terrain
- Ascend forward
- Desend Backwards: use hips to comtrol chair, use push handles and tipping lever to lower chair
Pushing a Pt threw a door
- Doors open toward you: use foot to hold door open as you pull pt through
- Door opens away from you: hold open and pull pt threw
- Ascending: slide hips forward in chair, lean forward and push equally with both hands
- Desend Forward: Position hips to rear of chiar and maintain erect trunk slow down momentum by apllying equal friction with palms of hands on handrims...keep fingers extended
- Ascend forward: Slide hips forward in chiar lean forward and use one UE and one LE in same manner as on levels.
- Ascend Backward: trunk is erect, use one UE and one LE, pull back with arm and push with LE
- Descend: need to use one palm and one foot to slow down. Really hard
- Open outward: face door, angle toward the latch
- Open inward: angle toward the hinge
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview