test II review ch 22
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what is used in the steps developing a care plan?
who do you present ADPIE to?
to the dentist THEN the patient
Assessment Findinga and risk factors
Perio Dx/case tyoe and Status
These are all ________ of a ______ ______ _______
components of a written care plan
pt's name, DOB, gender
designation of initial or maintenance therapy
name of clinician who prepared the written plan
date plan was prepared
chief complaint or statement for pt's reason for presenting for tx
are all ___________ _______
factors affecting sequence of tx are: (4)
- existing etiologic factors
- severity and extent of tissue condition
- individual patient requirements
what is the #1 factor to treat?
Discomfort or Pain!
perioi or gingival infection or dental caries depends on the success of daily biofilm removal, these are ______ ________ factors
change in color, size, shape, and consistency of the gingiva, probe depths, BOP, mobility, radiograph signs of attachment or bone loss, are all _________ and ________ of tissue condition
severity and extent
what is the first step in planning?
evidence based care, individualized pt care are based on ________ data, _________ of success, assess value of info available in _________ literature
dental biofilm is necessary to ________ or control _______ and predisposing factors
to eliminate the signs and symptoms of disease, what should be done?
measures to eliminate the signs of infection (gingival bleeding and probe depths) in care plan?
to promote oral health disease and prevent recurrent disease, what methods are used to achieve optimum health care? (4)
- education on etiology of oral disease
- counseling on prevention measures and elimination of risk factors
- instruction and supervision in daily self-care techniques
- encouragement of regularly scheduled maintenance follow up for dental hygiene care
what are the four sequencing and prioritizing objectives?
- to provide evidence-based, individualized pt care
- eliminate or control etiologic and predisposing disease factors
- eliminate the signs and symptoms of disease
- promote oral health and prevent recurrence of disease
who diagnoses periodontal disease?
when are the four assessment findings and risk factors found?
- medical history
- dental history
- clinical examination
- link to risk factors
when is the care plan presented to the patient?
BEFORE the tx has begun
t/f an informed consent is a legal concept that can exist even without written document
what is implementation in ADPIE?
the actual treatment
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview