Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
what are the steps in developing care plan?
- Present to dentist
- present to pt
what are the 8 components of care plan?
- demographic data
- assessment findings and risk factors
- perio Dx/case type and status
- Dx statement
- planned interventions
- expected outcomes
- Tx plan
- RE evaluation
what component of care plan is the pt name, dob, gender, designation of initial or maintenance therapy, name of clinician who prepared written plan, date plan prepared, notation of pt chief complaine or statement indicating the reason pt presented for treatment
who diagnosis perio?
DENTIST we cannot diagnose
what is implementation?
what are the factors affecting sequence? 8
- urgency (discomfort or pain)
- existing etiologic factors
- severity and extent of tissue condition
- probe depths
- radiographic signs of attachement or bone loss
- individua pt requirements
what is the first factor affecting sequence (what should you treat first)
URGENCY-discomfort or pain
t/f initial instruction and practice of removing bioflim requires a premed because of the increased pathogens
what is the procedure for presenting the tx plan to the dentist?
- follow sequence of pt writtne plan
- summarize demographic data
- summarize major systemic and dental health assessment findings
- summarize risk factors
- indicate planned intervention strategies
- goals and expectued outcomes
- outline appt sequence and services
why do you present the tx plan to the dentist?
coordinate dental and DH tx
t/f you must present the pt tx plan in order for them to give you informed concent
what are the signs and symptoms of disease you want to eliminate?
gingival bleeding and probe depths
how do you promote oral health disease and prevent recurrent disease? 4
- educate on etiology of oral disease
- counsel on prevention and elimination of risk factors
- instruct and supervise dialy care technique
- encourage regularly scheduled maintenance follow up
what three things do you look at for assessment findings?
- medical history
- dental history
- clinical exam
what is the purpose of evaluation? 6
- monitor pt needs
- ongoing evaluation
- determine if initial goals have been met
- assess outcomes
- ID need for further adaptations
- determine maintenance interval
t/f assessments and outcomes are done with both clinical and preventive interventions at the completion of the tx
why do you do assessments and look at outcomes at the end of a tx cycle?
identifies need for further tx and adapt sefl care protocols
what is the purpose of maintenance?
continue healthy state attained during active therapy
what are the five steps of evaluation?
- determine indicators that wil evaluate oral health goals and objectives set for each pt
- collect and document data
- provide info to solicit feedback from pt and oral helath care team
- use evidence based decision making and determine modificaitons to tx or maintenance
- document in pt record all assessment findings and modifications to tx
t/f pt should be on a fixed schedule
false no fixed schedule
what are the intervals for appointments?
2-6 months, change as needed for pt
what are nine contributing factors in determining maintenance interval?
- risk for perio disease activity
- risk for dental carious lesions
- risk for oral cancer in tobacco and alcohol users
- predisposing diseases
- behavoirs for perio (diabetes, smoking, AIDS)
- previous tx
- local factors (calc formation)
- restorative complications
what is a sign of recurrent perio?
compare to last appt-no improvements
what type of perio therapy is to provide an interim study period of borderline pts w/conditions that must be observed and further evaluated before a decision can be made as to whether corrective surgery may be necessary or whether maintenance is possible w/o further advanced disease therapy
what type of perio therapy is to prevent the intitiation of disease in individual w/p perio infection
what type of perio therapy is to slow the progress of diseasein pts whom corrective surgery and other advanced tx are indicated but cannot be implemented for reasons of health, economics or other personal factors
what type of perio therapy is to prevent the recurrence of disease and maintain the state of perio health attained during perio therapy. such therapy may have been non surgical or surgical
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview