The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What hormone activates Na reabsorption?
What ion can activate Na reabsorption just like Aldosterone does? Why?
- Because it has to be secreted in exchange for Na+
What system activates aldosterone?
Renin-Angiotensin II system
What hormone drives water reabsorption?
Was arterial BP falls, what is the goal with Na?
Reabsorp b/c water will follow
What are the two main functions of ANP?
- 1) increase GFR and NaCl filtration
- 2) Inhibit NaCl reabsorption via renin/aldosterone block
What are the two causes of ADH release?
- 1) High plasma osmolality
- 2) Decrease plasma volume
What gland releases ADH?
Posterior pituitary gland
How do the SNS and PNS work together to help us urinate?
- SNS: relax detrusor, constrict internal sphinctor
- PNS: Constrict detrusor, relax internal sphinctor
Which system, SNS or PNS, is active during filling and emptying?
- Filling: SNS
- Emptying: PNS