The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Paramoxyviruses and Rhabdoviruses are part of the ________ group, which is _________.
- a group of negative stranded RNA viruses that share common genome structure and replication mechanism
Fundamental characteristics of viruses in the Mononegavirus group include ______, ________, ______, and ______.
- 1) Genome is single RNA molecule packaged in a helical nucleocapsid
- 2) Nucleocapsids are enclosed by env derived from plasma membrane
- 3) A viruses coded RNA pol packaged in the virion syn viral mRNAs
- 4) Pol begins trx at 3' end and sequentially trx 5-10 genes, terminating and releasing each mRNA before beggining a new one
Paramoxyviruses and Rhabdoviruses virion is ________.
- Coiled helical nucleocapsid with env derived from plasma membrane.
- Paramyxo - spherical and filamentous
- Rhabdo - rod shaped
Paramoxyviruses and Rhabdoviruses genome is __________.
linear (-) ssRNA with 1 segment
Paramoxyviruses and Rhabdoviruses genes are ___________ and ___________.
trx sequentially from 3' to 5' by viral RNA pol. Each genes gives one mRNA.
Paramoxyviruses and Rhabdoviruses proteins __________.
come packaged in the virion
Paramoxyviruses and Rhabdoviruses distinctive characteristics include _______, ___________, _________, and ________.
- RdRp in virion trx genome into mRNAs
- One trx promoter at 3' end - start stop mechanism
- Full length genome and antigenome RNA is always present as assembled nucleocapsids
- Some paramoxy cause syncytia
Paramoxyviruses and Rhabdoviruses diseases include ________.
- Paramoxy - measles mumps, parainfluenza
- Rhabdo - rabies (in humans) and vesicular stomatitis virus (cattle)