Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Integer Rules for Addition
1. If the Signs are the same,______?
2. If the signs are different,________?
1. add the numbers and keep the sign.
2. subtract the numbers and keep the sign of the number with the largest absolute value.
2. Subtraction: Add the opposite
1. Keep the first number the ____?
2. Change the subtraction sign to ___?
3. Change the sign of the _____ number to it's _____ sign
- 1. same
- 2. addition
- 3. second/opposite
3. Multiplication and Division
1. If the signs are the same, the answer is ____?
2. If the signs are different, the answer is ____?
Golden Rule for Solving Equations
Whatever you do to one side of the equation, you must do to the other side.
Combining Like Terms
Like terms are two or more terms that contain the same _______/
- 3x, 8x, 9x, are like terms
- 3x, 3y are not like terms
3(x+5) = ________?
-2(y-5) = ________?
5(2x-6) = _______?
- 3x+15 Multiply the 3 times x and 5
- -2y+10 Multiply -2 times y and -5
- =10x-30 Multiply 5 times 2x and -6
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview