AFAA study guide
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
List 8 Health Benefits for Regular Physical Activity:
Prevention of: EARLY DEATH, WEIGHT GAIN, COLON CANCER, STROKE, DEPRESSION, TYPE 2 DIABETES, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, CORONARY HEART DISEASE.
How does Interval Training improve Aerobic Preformance?
- Improves and maximises Aerobic Power.
- Enhances delivery of Oxygen.
- Faster removal of Carbon Dioxide.
- Better heart and Cardiovascular System.
What are 3 physiological adaptations that occur to improve exercise preformance?
- Increased Maximal Blood FlowIncreased Oxygen Delivery
- Carbon Dioxide removal
- *Exercise forces more blood to left ventricle allowing heart to pump more blood per heart beat and carrying more nutrients and Oxygen to muscles.
What is Energy?
Energy is the ability to do Work.
What is the food source of Energy?
The SUN is the main source of light which is absorbed as energy by Plants and Vegetables, which are consumed by Animals and Humans.
What does ATP stand for?
What is the Function of ATP?
It's a Molecular Compound of Stored Energy that is carried to the muscles and it is the Only source of Energy for Muscular Exercise.
How many Energy Pathways are there?
What kind are they?
- There are 3 Energy Pathways.
- 2 are Anaerobic
- 1 is Aerobic
What are the 2 Anaerobic Pathways?
- 1. ATP-CP*system / Phosphagen system. (Adenosine Tri-Phosphate-Creatine Phospate)*
- 2. Lactic Acid** system. (Anaerobic Glycolysis)**
What is the Fuel source of ATP-CP?
Creatine Phosphate is the main fuel source for it.
What is the Intensity of ATP-CP?
It has a Very High Intensity.
What is the Duration of ATP-CP?
It can last anywhere from 1 to 10 seconds.
List examples of activities that use the ATP-CP / Phosphagen system:
- Heavy Weight Lifting
What is the Fuel source of the Lactic Acid system. (aka Anaerobic Glycolysis)?
Carbohydrate is the Only fuel source for it which means Glucose from the blood or stored Glucose.
What is the Intensity of the Lactic Acid system?
It has a High to Moderate Intensity.
What is the Duration of the Lactic Acid system?
It can last anywhere from 45 to 90 seconds.
List examples of activities that use the Lactic Acid system:
- Swimming (100 to 200 meters)
- Basket Ball
- Long Sprints
What is the Fuel source of the Aerobic system?
Carbohydrate, Fat and Protein are the main fuel source for it.
What is the Intensity of the Aerobic system?
It has a Moderate to Low intensity.
What is the Duration of the Aerobic system?
It can last anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview