Parent Involvement Research
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Key Findings about Impact:
Programs and interventions that engage families in supporting their children’s learning at home arelinked to improved student achievement.
Key Findings about Making Connections:
Programs that successfully connect with families and community invite involvement, are welcoming,and address specific parental and community needs.
Epstein's Framework - PARENTING
Provide information to all families who want it and need it, not just to the few who attend workshops or meetings at the school building.
Epstein's Redefinition - PARENTING
“Workshops” are not only meetings on topics held at the school building but also the content of the meetings to be viewed, heard, or read at convenient times and varied locations by those who could not attend.
Epstein's Benefits - RESULTS FOR STUDENTS
- Balanced time spent on chores, homework, and other activities
- Regular attendance
- Awareness of family supervision and importance of school
Epstein's Benefits - RESULTS FOR PARENTS
- Self-confidence about parenting as children proceed through school
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development
Epstein's Benefits - RESULTS FOR TEACHERS AND ADMINISTRATORS
- Understanding of families’ goals and concerns for children
- Respect for families’ strengths and efforts
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview