Mangerial Soft Skills
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What must managers focus on relating to managerial soft skills?
The way something is done, instead of the principles that underlie the techniques
The results can be counterproductive
What consists a formal team?
A stable department or section created within a recognized structure to pursue ongoing goals
EX. The claims department
What consist of an informal team
A project team wich us created to deal with a particular situation and disbanded after performing function
What do successful teams share?
- Common working language
- Able to manage relationships & task s
Superior teams are balanced between:
- Seasoned vetrans
- Agile rookies
Superior teams are composed of individuals who can:
- Generate useful ideas
- Analyze problems effectivly
- Get things done.
- Communicate both orally & writting
- Excercise leadership
- Evaluate logically
- Apply technical abilities
- Control their workflow
How can a strong team be created
- Select people with complementary strengths & weaknesses
- Match each individual working style to their task
- Ensure that different personalities are able to relate to communicate
How can a manger be supportive of their team
- Paying attention
- Looking interested
- Responding positivly
- Refraining from interrupting
A manager can encourage their team by:
- Clarification when their are questions
- Cooperation between team members
- Elimination of reduction of coercing or acrimony
- Exchange of ideas
- Rewards for good ideas
- Set an exable- people tend to da as you do not as you say.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview