Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Gives you abnormal range, and you have to figure out which one is wrong.
- PH- 7.35-7.45
- PaO2- 80-100 mm Hg
- PaCO2- 35-45 mm Hg
- HCO3-22-26 mmHg
- SaO2- 95%-100%
Mantoux test- detect mycobacterium tuberculosis
0.1 ml of PPD using tuberculin syringe
Determine allergies, monitor sign and symptoms of allergies pg.241-242 top left
Iodine, shellfish, contrast dye
Nursing: explain procedure, collect early morning or after aerosol treatment in sterile container, rinse mouth before, take several deep breaths, cough forcefully. pg.241 nursing guide lines, bullet 2
- sterile container because you don't want any bacteria
- get it around 12 because thats when you cough the most
- 1 to 3 ml, deliver
- Chest radiography-size, shape, position of lungs, structures of thorax
- Screen asymptomatic disease; diagnose tumor foreign body and other abnormal condition
- CT/MRI- Axial views of lungs, detect tumors and lung disorder during early stages
When can someone eat again after having a bronchoscopy?
- *after pt. has cough and gag reflex
- NPO for at least 6 hours before bronchoscopy, anesthesia suppresses the swallow
Which of the following medication would you use for an allergic reaction/Anaphylaxis? pg. 252
Epinephrine or corticosteroid
Reasons for a trache with a cuff right consideration pg.259 top bottom right SATA 2 answers
Do not suction tracheostomy any longer than:
Providing Tracheostomy care (number them in order pg. 261 top left table)
- 1.Open tracheostomy kit
- 2.Pour hydrogen peroxide and normal saline into respective containers
- 3.Unlock the inner cannula by turning it counterclockwise
- 4.Rise the cleaned cannula with normal saline.
- 5.Replace the inner cannula and turn it clockwise within the outer cannula
- 6.Clean around the stoma with an applicator moistened with NS
- 7.Place a sterile dressing around the tracheostomy tube
- 8. Change the tracheostomy ties by placing the new ones on first and removing the soiled ones last.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview