9. After a person's employment is
terminated, it is possible to obtain individual health insurance after losing
the group health coverage provided by the employer. Which of the following is
A The employee can convert from
group to individual insurance within 31 days of termination.
B The premium of the individual
health insurance policy can be higher than the original policy.
By law, the new, individual policy must provide the same benefits as the group
D Continuation of group coverage
need not include dental, vision, or prescription drug benefits.
- Terminated employees have 31 days to
- convert to an individual health insurance policy, without having to provide
- proof of insurability. The insurer can adjust the new, individual health
- policy’s premium as it sees fit, as long as coverage is provided. The new
- policy could offer lesser benefits than the original group health policy.