Aspirin (Acetylsalicylic acid, Acuprin, ASA, Aspirtab, Bayer, Ecotrin)
- Antipyretics, Non-opioid analgesics/Salicylates
- i platelet aggregation. i
- inflammation & fever by inhibiting the production of prostaglandins.
PO: 80-325mg once daily.
- Tinnitus (ringing in ears), GI BLEEDING, dyspepsia (indigestion),
- epi-gastric distress, nausea, abdominal pain, anorexia, hepatotoxicity,
- vomiting, anemia, hemolysis, rash,
- urticaria (hives), anaphylaxis &
- laryngeal edema.
- Take w/full glass of water and remain upright for 30 min after administration. Report tinnitus, unusual bleeding of gums,
- bruising, black tarry stool, or fever
- > 3 days. AVOID USING ALCOHOL,
- ACETA-MINOPHEN, OR NSAIDs W/ THIS MED.
- Reduce sodium intake.