FUNCTIONS OF PROTEINS
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
FUNCTION of STRUCTURAL PROTEINS
provide structural components
Provide EXAMPLES of STRUCTURAL PROTEINS
collagen in tendons and cartilageKeratin in hair, skin, wool, and nails
FUNCTION of CONTRACTILE PROTEINS
Provide EXAMPLES of CONTRACTILE PROTEINS
myosin and actin contract muscle fibers
FUNCTION of TRANSPORT PROTEINS
carry essential substances throughout body
Provide EXAMPLES of TRANSPORT PROTEINS
- hemoglobin tansports oxygen
- lipoproteins transport lipids
FUNCTION of STORAGE PROTEINS
Provide EXAMPLES of STORAGE PROTEINS
- casein stores protein in milk
- ferritin stores iron in the spleen and liver.
FUNCTION HORMONE PROTEINS
regulate body metabolism and nervous system
Provide EXAMPLES of HORMONE PROTEINS
- insulin regulates blood glucose level
- growth hormone regulates body growth
FUNCTION ENZYME PROTEINS
catalyze biochemical reactions in the cells
Provide EXAMPLES of ENZYME PROTEINS
- sucrase catalyzes the hydrolysis of sucrose
- trypsin catalyzes the hydrolysis of proteins.
FUNCTION PROTECTION PROTEINS
recognize and destroy foreign substances
Provide EXAMPLES of PROTECTON PROTEINS
immunoglobulins stimulate immune responses.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview