SGU Anatomy Q&A
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How should VD and DV and lateral films be placed on viewing screen?
- DV/VD: Right side to your left in both
- Lateral: Cranial side to the left
What does a R or L marker on different film view indicate?
- Lateral trunk (thorax or abdomen): Right or left lateral = side on cassette
- DV or VD films: Side of animal
- One limb in film: Limb in film
How are thoracic films evaluated for rotation?
- Lateral: Costochondral junctions & shoulder joints - same level
- VD & DV: sternum & spinal column superimposed
What structure is used to tell an expiratory from an inspiratory film?
Position of diaphragm
Once you have picked a method to evaluate films, what should you do each time you evaluate a film?
Always read in the same manner every time - get into a routine
What is the cranial limit of the abdomen?
Can you visualize the sides of the diaphragm?
- Cranial: yes as contrasted air (lungs):
- Caudal: no, water densities against (liver and stomach)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview