The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Quince Poetas del mundo Nahuatl
- Fifteen Poets of the Aztec World
- (spoken by) Itzcoatzin & Xiucozcatzin
- (translated by) Leon-Portilla, Miguel
When was this written?
Where does this writing fit in the context of Mexican Literature (time period, movement, style)
- From 1430-1472
- Neahualcoyotl, allied with the Mexica, conquered the Azcapotzalco and took back Tezcoco (his home town)
Who are the main characters in this writing?
- Nezahualcoyotl prince of Tezcoco, later became ruler.
Who is the "voice" in this writing?
- Chimalpahin tells about the assasination
- Cuauhtitlan mentions the conquering with the Huexotzinco
- Nezagualcoyotl through his poems