The Popol Vuh, The Mayan Book of the Dawn Of Life (El Popol Vuh)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- The Popol Vuh, The Mayan Book of the Dawn of Life
- El Popol Vuh
Translation by Dennis Tedlock
When was this written?
Where does this writing fit in the context of Mexican literature (time period,movement,style)
Written down by the Quiche Maya of Guatemala
Who are the main characters in this writing?
- Hurucan and Gugumatz (also known as Quetzalcoatl)
- 1.The gods then placed animals on the earth, hoping that they would sing the praises of the gods.
- 2.Hurucan and Gugumatz called on the ancestral beings Xpiacoc and Xmucane to help, and together they created men of mud.
- 3.the gods fashioned humans out of wood.
who is the "voice" in this writing?
"the one who reads and assesses it has a hidden identity."
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview