The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
an organized collection of logically related data
Stored represntations of objects and events that have meaning and importance in the user's environment
data that have been processed in such a way as to increase the knowledge of the person who uses the data
data that describe the properties or characteristics of end-user data, and the context of that data
- Database Management System.
- a software system that is used to create, maintain, and provide controlled access to user databeses.
graphical systems used to capture the nature and relationships among data
Enterprise Data Model
a graphical model that shows the high-level entities of the organization and the relationships among those entities
a person, place, object, event, or concept in the user environment about which the organization wishes to maintain data
a database that represents data as a collection of tables in which all data relationships are represented by common values in related tables
an application program (or set of related programs) that is used to perform a series of database activities (create, read, update, and delete) on behalf of database users
the separation of data descriptions from the application programs that use the data
a logical description of some portion of the database that is required by a user to perform some task
a rule that cannot be violated by databse users
a centralized knowledge base of all data definitions, data relationships, screen and report formats, and other system components
Components of the Database Environment
- 1. Computer-aided software engineering (CASE) tools.
- 2. Repository
- 3. DBMS
- 4. Database
- 5. Application Programs
- 6. User interface
- 7. Data and database administrators
- 8. System developers
- 9. End users
- Computer-Aided Software Engineering tools.
- Automated tools used to design databases and application programs.
- Enterprise Resource Planning.
- a business management system that integrates all functions of the enterprise, such as manufacturing, sales, finanance, marketing, inventory, accounting, and human resources,. ERP systems are software applications that provicde the data necessary for the enterprise to examine and manage its activities.
an integrated decision support database whose content is derived from the various operational databases.