Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
some type of stimulus is present and elicits a response
influenced by the consequence or result of a behavior
a behavior and a reinforcer are required
thorndike's law of effect
- all things being equal, any behvaior followed by a staisfying state of affairs will increase in frequency.
- all things being equal, any behavior followed by an annoying state of affairs will dcrease in frequency
- controlled environment
- may observe animal behaviors
the frequency of response before the introduction of a reinforcer
is not necessary for conditioning to take place
diferential reinforcement of successive approximations
a behavior is followed by a negative stimulus that decreases the frequency of a behavior
- the removal of reinforcement for a previously reinforced response
- results in a decrease in the rate of responding and return to the operant level
- physical punishment
- may result in negative consequences.
- sets the occasion for reinforcement
- indicates that when this stimulus is present reinforcement will come.
related to survival, require no previous learning to have significance
acquire reinforcing properties through being paired with primary reinforcers
class of secondary reinforcers thathave been paired with more than one primary reinforcer
A situation where one repsonse brings the organism into contact with stimuli that reinforce the response and stimulate the next response
Continual System of reinforcement
reward all responses each time
only reinforce certain responses
reinforcement is provided for the first response that occurs after some ixed period of time has elapsed
reinforcement is provided after a fixed number of responses
reinforcement is provided for the first response that occurs after a varying interval of time
reinforcement is provided after a varying number of responses
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview