Human Development Exam 2 - 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Physical Development: Height and Weight
- Height and weight: 2 1/2 inches and to 5-7 pounds per year
- Cartilage turns to bone at faster rate
What is the sleep pattern in early childhood?
- 11 hours per night
- Sleep walking and talking is common
What is the changes in gross motor skills?
- 3 years: enjoy simple movements (hopping, jumping and running back and forth)
- 4 years: more adventurous-start to come down stairs with one foot on each stair
- 5 years: even more adventurous and enjoy races
Gross motor development and early education curriculum
Careful planning is needed dto ensure a variety of appropriate activities that encourage gross motor development
Physical Development: fine motor skills
- 3 years: Emerging in ability to handle things-may not be able to negotiate puzzle pieces
- 4-5 years: fine motor coordination improves and becomes more precise
Physical and emotional development
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview