The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the lungs.
passage of oxygen and carbon dioxide between the alveoli and RBC, you measure it w/ pulse oximetry
flow of blood to and from the pulmonary capillaries.
Defien respiration. name 3 ways to describe it.
- VS responsible for evaluating the ffectiveness of the ventilatory process of oxygen adn carbon dioxide exchange
- rate= 12 to 20/min
what are the normal value for pulse ox? what are the acceptable values?
86% SO2 indicates?
80% SO2 indicates?
- life threatening
what is the respiratory rate of a new born?
what is the respiratory rate of school-age children?
how do women breathe? How do men breathe?
- thoracic muscles and chest movements= women
- diaphragmatic breathers= men
what type of things will increase the rate of respiration?
- body position
- impaired oxygen carrying capacity of the blood
In what position would you like a client to be in to count respirations?
How long should you count respirations?
how long should you count if respirations are irregular?
what is hypoxemia? what are complication and nursing interventions?
- SaO2 <90%
- ensure prope is on properly
- confirm that oxygen delivery system is functioning
- place client in semi-fowlers or fowlers position to maximize ventillation
- encourage deep breathing
- assess for signs of hypoexmia
- assess/monitor VS, report significant findings to primary care provider
- remain w/ the client and provide emotional support to decrease anxiety
what are signs of hypoexmia?