CRJ 700 Oral Questions
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
Emergency equipment in the cockpit
- (2) Flash Lights
- (1) Crew PBE
- (1) 3 Lbs. Halon Fire Extinguisher
- (1) Crash Axe
- (3) Crew Life Vest
- (1) Escape Rope
General Location of Emergency Equipment in the Passenger Cabin
- 3 Fire Extinguishers (largest bottle in the last overhead bin left side)
- 3 PBE (1 AFT near the bathroom, one on 1st right hand bin in 1st Class, one on 1st right hand bin in main cabin)
- 2 Portable Oxygen Bottles (top part of C1 cargo, on the floor next to PBE by the bathroom)
- 1 Megaphone (last right hand overhead bin)
Exterior Safety Scan
- Chocks - Installed
- Flight Controls - Clear
- Ground Power - Available
- Aircraft Registration
- Airworthiness Certificate
- FCC Radio License*
- Sanitary Certificate
- Air Carrier Certificate (OpsSpec A999)
- Certificate of Insurance
- Aircraft Noise Certification Information
- Flight Deck Floor, Seats & Pockets
- Between Sidewalls or Pedestals
- Lifevest Pouches
- PBE and misc. compartments
Cockpit Safety Scan
- Circuit Breakers - Closed
- N/W STRNG Switch - OFF
- NAV Switch - OFF or ON
- HYD AC Pumps Switches - OFF
- Landing Gear Lever - Down
- Flight Spoiler Handle - 0 (Retracted)
- Slats/Flaps - Set to actual position
- Radars - OFF
- Parking Brake - ON
- Landing Gear Manual Handle - Stowed
- ADG Manual Deploy Handle - Stowed
- Battery Master Switch - ON
- DC Synoptic Page - Select (verify that both batteries indicate 22V min.)
Describe the AC Electrical System
- Controlled and Monitored by ACPC
- 4 AC Buses (Bus 1, Bus 2, ESS Bus, Serv. Bus)
- 3 Bus Tie Contactors
- 3 Generators (GEN1, #1engine), (GEN 2, #2 engine), (APU GEN)
- 1 ADG
What is the AC Bus Priority?
- GEN 1
- APU GEN
- GEN 2
- External PWR
- GEN 2
- APU GEN
- GEN 1
- External PWR
Describe the DC Electrical System
- 2 NiCad’s Batteries
- 4 TRU’s
- Delivered to 9 Buses
- DC Bus 1
- DC Bus 2
- DC Service Bus
- DC Utility Bus
- DC ESS Bus
- Battery Bus
- APU Battery Direct Bus
- Main Battery Direct Bus
- DC Emergency Bus (supplies power to)
- ENG & APU Fire EXT
- Fuel & HYD SOV
If the DC SERVICE switch is selected ON without any power on the Aircraft, what will be powered?
DC Service Bus will be powered providing some lights in the Passenger Cabin and NAV lights.
When the Battery Master is selected to ON position, what do you expect to see powered?
- Back Up Tuning Radio.
How is Battery Voltage checked?
- DC ELECTRIC SYNOPTIC PAGE
- (both batteries @ a minimum of 22V.)
Without AC power, how long can the Battery switch be left ON?
With the external AC power plugged in, what indication you will have in the cockpit?
Green AC AVAIL light switch illuminating.
What would be the normal indication if the external AC is connected and the switch light is pressed in?
IN USE (white light)
With any aircraft generator on line what source will power the AC buses?
What does IDG mean?
Integrated Drive Generator, Constant Speed Drive
How can you disconnect the IDG in flight?
Once disconnected, can it be reconnected?
- By pressing the DISC switch.
- NO. (Engines have to be shut down and aircraft on the ground to reconnect)
When would the IDG FAULT light illuminate?
When IDG oil temperature is high or the oil pressure is low and the IDG has not disconnected.
If the AC ESS XFER did not transfer automatically, can it be done manually and what will be accomplished?
Yes, by pressing the AC ESS XFER switch, the ESS bus connects to AC bus 2 manually.
What is the purpose of the FAIL/OFF switches on the ELECTRICAL POWER?
- Fail Light - Automatically disable the Auto Transfer System.
- Off - When you push to disable the transfer system.
- Inhibits the AUTO TRANSFER in case an AC bus has faulted.
How is Fire Test performed?
- (Note: Battery Master switch needs to be ON for 30 seconds before test)
- Fire Detection test switch - select for 2 seconds and release
- VERIFY (11 Switch lights ON):
- LH and RH ENG FIRE PUSH and BOTTLE 1 and 2 ARMED PUSH TO DISCH switch lights illuminate
- APU FIRE PUSH and BOTTLE ARMED PUSH TO DISCH switch lights illuminate
- The FWD and AFT cargo SMOKE PUSH and BOTTLE ARMED PUSH TO DISCH switch lights illuminate
- MASTER WARNING switch lights flash for the
- duration of the test
- Verify advisory (green) "FIRE SYS OK" message on status page
- After 30 sec. test is complete and any malfunctions will be posted as caution or status message.
- When the test is complete, verify that all fire detection indications are removed.
What happens when HYD SOV switch is pressed?
Fluid flow is shut off to the HYD pump.
Describe the Hydraulic System
- Each system has 2 Hydraulic pumps
- Main Pump - for normal power
- (B) Backup Pump - supplementary power
- System 1 and 2 Backup Pumps (backup pumps for systems 1 & 2)
- ACMP 1B and ACMP 2B
- ON, OFF and AUTO
- AUTO MODE is the normal switch position
What triggers the Hydraulic Pumps if they are in the AUTO position?
- Respective Bus Powered
- Any Generator is operating
- Flaps are not at 0°
What indication will you have on the fuel panel by turning ON one of the electric fuel pumps?
Both fuel pumps start operating when the fuel computer detects low pressure in either feed manifold.
What happens when you press the gravity XFLOW switch?
X-flow valve opens and the fuel tanks balance by gravity.
Explain the automatic operation of the fuel powered XFLOW
The XFLOW starts when fuel imbalance exceeds 200 Lbs. and continues until the low quantity side exceeds the previously high quantity side by 50 Lbs.
Explain the Manual operation of the fuel Powered X-Flow
- Manual operation of powered x-flow is accomplished by pressing the Auto Override Switch light and then L or R XFLOW)
- (Press the switch that you want fuel to flow to) ex. To the left side, push left switch.
Describe the Fuel Pumps Operation
- Transfer Ejector Pump - Center Tank to Wings
- Scavenger Pump - Wings to Collector Tank
- Main Ejectors - Collector Tank to Engines
3 ways to transfer fuel from wing to wing
- Power Automatic
- Power Manual
- Gravity Manual
Can the Bleed Air System be controlled manually?
Yes, when directed by AOM VOL 1 or used for crossbleed engine starting.
When crossbleed starting an engine with Anti-ice is selected on what would you expect to see?
BLEED MISCONFIG message, which is normal for this scenario.
What messages would appear on the Status Page when APU PWR FUEL is selected on?
- APU DOOR OPEN (ECU commands the door to open)
- APU RPM and EGT gauges displayed
- APU IN BITE (white) for about 5 seconds
- APU SOV OPEN (ECU activates the fuel pump)(white)
When START/STOP switch is selected on, what would you expect to see on the status page?
- The START switch light is illuminated
- APU START status message displayed
- No later than 60% RPM, the START switch light extinguishes and APU START message is removed
- At 99% plus 2 seconds AVAIL green switch light illuminates
- At 99%, and 60 Seconds APU is available for air extraction
When does the bleed switchover take place between the APU and the engines?
(After takeoff and before landing)
Takeoff - gear up, flaps less than 20° and thrust levers out of TOGA detent
Landing - flaps more than 20° or landing gear down
With APU bleed supplying bleed air to the manifold, if anti-ice is selected ON, what would you expect to see?
In Auto Mode the ACSC transfer the bleed loading to the engines.
What messages would appear on the Status Page when L or R ENG START switch is activated?
- ISOL OPEN (valve opens)
- L or R ENGINE START (extinguishes when N2 is above 50%)
- Starting sequence is controlled by the FADEC.
When do igniters A and B energize?
CONT IGNITION switch is selected ON or during engine Re-Light in flight.
When must CONT IGNITION be selected ON?
- Take Off or Landing on contaminated runway
- Flight in moderate or heavy rain
- Flight in moderate or heavy turbulence
- Flight in the vicinity of thunderstorms
How is HYD test performed?
- AC motor pump switches 1B ON, 3A OFF, 3B ON and 2B ON (All switches to the full AFT position)
- HYD synoptic page - Select
- Fluid temperatures (3) - Green
- Fluid quantities normal (3) - Green (45% to 85%)
- Reservoir output lines - Green
- System pressures (5) 3000 +/ - 200 psi
- STAT synoptic page - Select
- STAB TRIM switches - Press
- (Verify the following msgs are not displayed)
- STAB TRIM CAUTION
- STAB CH1 INOP status
- STAB CH2 INOP status
- AC motor pump switches 1B auto, 3A ON, 3B AUTO, and 2B AUTO (All switches FWD)
- HYD synoptic page - Review
- System 3 pressures (2) - 3,000 +/- 200 psi
- STAT synoptic page -Select
- System pressure (3) 3000 PSI +/ - 200 PSI
Do the backup (B) pumps actuate automatically when an EDP fails or an engine is shut down?
Explain the Logic of ACMP 3B
ACMP 3B is hard wired to the ADG BUS and will operate regardless of the switch position with ADG deployment.
During normal system operation, when do the B pumps automatically come ON?
Switches are in AUTO position and flaps not at 0 degrees.
How long is the takeoff elevation maintained after takeoff?
When MAN ALT is selected to HOLD what will happen to cabin altitude when aircraft climbs or descends?
Cabin altitude will not change.
How can the active controller be changed manually?
Pressing the PRESS CONT Switch 2 times.
What are the cabin pressure microprocessor functions (CPAM)?
- Automatic drop down of the O² masks at 14,000 ft. Cabin Altitude.
- Cabin altitude limiting to 14,500 +/-500 ft.
- Opens and closes the ground valve during ground sequence (60 Seconds to Open)
What does the FAULT indicate on L or R pack?
Pack is shut down due to over-temperature or over-pressure.
What is the purpose of RAM-AIR switch light?
When selected, provides flow of air from outside in case of a pressurization problem (Bypasses the packs).
When CARGO AIR switch is selected to AIR or COND AIR what happens when smoke is detected in the cargo bay?
SOV closes automatically and the heater is turned off to make the compartment airtight.
How is Ice Detector test performed?
- Press and hold ICE DET TEST switch and check the following:
- ICE caution message or green ICE advisory message on in conjunction with and ICE(DET TEST) light on the overhead panel
- ADS HEAT TEST OK advisory message ON
- When leading edges are cool, (Amber) ICE caution message posted
- When leading edges are warm, (Green) ICE advisory message posted
What message would indicate normal system operation when flying in icing conditions with ANTI-ICE protection selected ON?
Green ICE advisory message on ED-2
What message would be posted if ANTI-ICE was not selected ON when flying in icing conditions?
Amber ICE Caution message on ED-1
What is the logic for the PROBES switches on the ground and in flight?
On the ground heat is at half power and in flight at full power regardless of the switch position (WOW logic)
What happens when PASS OXY switch is pressed?
Passenger Service Unit (PSU) oxygen mask doors will unlatch and drop the masks down in the Cabin.
When will the Emergency Lights come ON?
When power is lost on the AC or DC Essential Bus and they stay ON for 10 minutes.
When will the SEAT BELT signs illuminate?
- When the Switch is ON
- AUTO position with gear down and flaps not at zero
- AUTO position with cabin altitude above 10,000 ft.
How is Stall Protection Test performed?
- STALL PTCT PUSHER switches ON
- Either STALL switch light selected while holding the control column
- Stick shaker activates
- Stick pusher activates
- On the status page verify CONT IGNITION (and overhead IGN) illuminates
- On the glare shield STALL switch light extinguishes. Stick shaker deactivates and CONT IGNITION extinguishes.
How is EGPWS Test performed?
- Select and release GPWS/GS switch light
- Aural "Glide slope, Whoop Whoop, Pull Up, Windshear, Windshear, Windshear,
- Terrain, Terrain Pull Up"
- Verify 4 white status messages on the status page:
- GPWS FAIL
- WINDSHEAR FAIL
- TERRAIN NOT AVAILABLE
- TERRAIN FAIL
What would pressing the L or R ENGINE FIRE PUSH switch light accomplish?
- Squibs are armed and BOTTLE ARMED PUSH TO DISCHARGE switch light illuminates
- Fuel, Bleed Air, and HYD SOV are closed
- Engine GEN is tripped off line
What are some of the parameters that must be met for the A/P to engage?
- At least one horizontal STAB 1 channel ON
- At least one Yaw Damper channel ON
- No faults in the pitch trim system
- 2 FCC's operational (Flight Control Computer)
- No significant instabilities
When does the A/P disengage automatically?
- Failure of both STAB trims channels
- Failure of both YD channels
- Go-around (pressing a TOGA button)
- Windshear (decreasing performance)
- Stall protection activated
When does the amber ROLL SEL switch light illuminate?
What does it mean?
- 20 seconds after the ROLL DISC handle is pulled. Pilot with the operational aileron has control of the opposite side Multi Function Spoiler ( MFS) only.
- Pressing the amber light on the operational side provides the pilot with on-side and opposite side MFS control.
- Green PLT ROLL or CPLT ROLL light illuminates on the side that controls the aileron and BOTH MFS's
What does selecting PFD 1 or EICAS on the Display Reversionary Panel (DRP) accomplish?
PFD 1 or EICAS will be displayed on the MFD
How is Radar Altimeter Test performed?
- Press RA test button and verify 50 feet on (both) PFD's.
- (If we eventually acquire dual RA installation, each side will test independently).
When selecting CPT or FO windshield wiper with the other one selected off what will occur?
Both wipers will operate at same speed.
How is oxygen mask test performed?
AOM Vol. 1, Page 40.7 (preflight)
How is CVR test performed?
Press and hold TEST switch for approx. 5 seconds and verify green light illumination.
How is ANTI-SKID test performed?
- Select ANTI-SKID switch to off and verify A/SKID INBD and A/SKID OUTBD caution messages posted.
- Select ANTI-SKID switch to ARM and verify caution messages disappear after less than 6 sec.
How is MLG BAY OVHT Test performed?
- MLG BAY switch - hold at OVHT and Verify:
- Triple chime
- Red MLG BAY OVHT warning message on ED-1 (RED)
- Aural warning "GEAR BAY OVERHEAT"
- Release switch and verify warnings disappear
How is the OVHT TEST performed
- OVHT TEST switch - hold at WARN FAIL and verify
- Single chime
- MLG OVHT FAIL message (Amber)
- Release switch and verify caution message disappear
What function does the down lock release button perform?
Releases landing gear lever if locked in down position (by overriding the PSEU signal of weight-on-wheels)
With Flight Spoilers deployed when would FLIGHT SPOILERS DEPLOYED caution message be received?
When thrust levers are advanced beyond a predetermined setting
What is the purpose of HIGH POWER switch?
Selection of Max Continuous thrust if needed with two engine operation.
What parameters have to be met to deploy all spoilers?
- GLD (Ground Lift Dumping) Switch in AUTO position
- Radio altimeter less than 7 ft.
- Wheel speed greater than 16 kts.
- PSEU sensor WOW
When the RTU fails, (black screen), how could cross side radio be tuned?
- By selecting the affected side RTU INHIB.
- Then selecting the operational side 1/2 switch and using the RTU to tune inoperative side radios.
With normal cockpit setup what frequencies should be displayed on the Back Up Tuning Unit?
Same as COM 1 and NAV 1 on the RTU
How are STAB and MACH TRIM tests performed?
- Disengage trims before starting test and verify STAB and MACH TRIM caution displayed
- Select the STAB TRIM CH 1 and verify white STAB CH 2 INOP message displayed on ED-2
- Select the STAB TRIM CH 2 and verify that all the messages disappear
- Select the MACH TRIM and verify caution message disappear
How are AIL and RUD TRIMS checked?
Verify free movement in both directions (white) and then set to neutral position (green).
What will happen if trims are "white" for takeoff?
"CONFIG TRIM" aural warning when advancing thrust levers for takeoff.
What do you expect to see when engaging YD?
- Engage YD 1 and verify amber indication is removed from ED-1 and PFD's
- White YD 2 INOP on ED-2
- Engage YD 2 and verify messages disappear from ED-2
How is Public Address performed?
AOM Vol.1 Page 40.10, (preflight).
What is the purpose of the Source Selector Panel and when would the selectors be used?
- AHRS failure, or
- ATT, HDG or AIR DATA messages on the PFD 1 or PFD 2
What will happen when the Manual Gear Release Handle is pulled?
Mechanically releases the main landing gear from Up locks and HYD system #2, assists the nose gear from over-center position.
When will the ADG deploy automatically?
- AC bus 1 and 2 falls below 50V
- Aircraft airborne (WOW logic)
- Any AC GEN were on line at least 3.45 sec. prior loss of power.
When the power is restored on one of the generators, how can AC ESS bus be transferred back to normal power source?
Why would it be important to do this?
- By pressing PWR TXFR Override switch on the ADG CONTROL panel.
- To keep the ESS Bus from load shedding as the aircraft slows down.
What will happen when the FWD or AFT cargo BOTTLE ARMED PUSH TO DISCHARGE switch light is selected?
Both bottles discharge into the selected compartment and the second bottle will keep high Halon concentration for up to 60 min. to prevent reigniting.
What is the purpose of the EMER FLAP switch?
- If the flaps/slats handle fails, flaps can be selected to 20 degrees.
- The switch is inhibited above 230kt.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview