Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
10 Priorities of communication
- 1) Distress
- 2) Urgency
- 3) Direction findings
- 4) Flight Safety
- 5) Meterological(weather) WX
- 6) Flight regularity
- 7) Messages concerning UN Charters
- 8) Government of Canada messages
- 9) Messages relating to the workings of telecommunication
- 10) All other aeronatical messages
- $5000.00 (1 year jail) for individual
- $75,000.00 (1 year jail) for corporation
1,2,4-All stations not apply
DATE in a message is expressed as?
16th day-12:00noon-Eastern time
Co-ordinated Universal Time
dollars five decimal two five
alitudes are expressed in?
thousands plus hundreds of feet
2700= two thousand seven hundred
Flight levels are expressed as?
FL with the number of hundreds os feet.
FL265= Flight level two six five (26,500 ft)
wind two seven zero at one zero
the word "heavy" for an aircraft indicates?
weight of 300,000 pounds
eg: Air Canada 802 heavy
small aircraft (2-4-6 seats) uses what call sign?
piper corperation, model, 182, GFAC painted on side of plane
eg: Piper one eight two golf foxtrot alpha charlie
Distinctive call sign?
Aircraft csll sign, registrtion(including manufscturer name) or its flight numbe-commercial operation
parts of a call?
- 1) Call sign of station called-3 times
- 2) "this is"
- 3) Call sign station calling-3 times
- 4) The message
- 5) end of call
replying to a call?
Replying im busy?
Stand by one OR stand by five
signal checks should not last more then?
- Use the Number "5" not the word.
- 1) Bad
- 2) Poor
- 3) Fair
- 4) Good
- 5) Excellent
Communications checks are categorized as?
- Signal check (airborne)
- Preflight check (prior to departure)
- Maintenance check
If you cant establish communications distress call, it should be made on the?
Aeronautical emergency freguency(121.5 MHz)
Eletronic locator transmitter
action by station in distress?
- 1) transmit the distress call
- 2) transmit the distress message
- 3) listen for acknowledgment
- 4) exchange distress traffic (information)
- 5) Turn on ELT
Action stations acknowledging reciept of a distress message
- 1) forward info to search & rescue
- 2) continue to guard freguency
- 3) notify stations with directon-finding,radar
- 4) cease all transmissions which might interfere with distress traffic
- stop transmitting-distress
- silence mayday
- seelonce mayday
cancellation of distress
- mayday (once)
- all stations (3 times)
- this is
- winnipeg tower
- time 1607Z
- west jet 389
- distress traffic ended
- why message is cancelled
- call sign of transmitting station
any area of land, sea or water prepared or set apart for the use of aircrafts
airport which has an air traffic control unit
Flight service station
facility operated by transport Canada providing flight info, search and rescue and weather
let me know you have recieved and understood message
yes, or permission granted
indicates a separation between parts of message
authorized to proceed
my version is..is that correct?
an error has been made, the correct version is...
consider this transmission not sent
listen on freq#
no, or, that is not correct, or I disagree
roger & roger number
have recieved all of the last transmission or message number
check message for accuracy
instructions received, understood and will be complied with
repeat message X2
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview