Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- jumped off a cliff
- was replaced by Matthias (chosen by casting lots)
- Pentecost- wind, tongues of fire, gift of tongues (people thought they were drunk)
- Peter gives a speech, a lot of people were baptized and devoted themselves to following the teachings of the apostles
Peter cures a cripple ~ the people were suprised and he gave all credit to God
Ananias and Sapphira...
- Ananias and Sapphira- died because they tried to hide money and lied about it
- Sanhedrin put the apostles in jail ~ angel opened doors to free apostles
- Gamaliel- released apostles ~ don't fight God (Pharisee)
city Saul was on his way to
city where they were first called Christians
Saul- witness to Stephen's martyrdom ~ trying to destroy the Church ~ Jesus talks to him ~ baptized and changed
Simon the Magician...
- Simon the Magician- living by dazzling people ~ tries to buy the gift of the Holy Spirit ~ rejected ~ turned away ~ begs for forgiveness
- - eunuch- man who is basically circumsized
- Philip- reveals Christ to teh eunuch
- Ananias- disciple in Damascus ~ told by God to talk to Saul about being a Christian (baptized)
- Cornileus- Roman centurion ~ pleasing to God ~ 1st Gentile to be baptized
- Peter- "Get ip, slaughter, and eat" unclean things--- symbolizes people outside of faith (Gentiles)
Do we circumsize Gentile Converts?
Are they gong to have to follow Mosaic Law? (dietary law?)
No eating of meat offered up to idols, no unlawful marriage, no eating meat of strangled animals, no drinking of blood
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview