Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- great attention to detail; very careful and precise
- he had always been so meticulous about his appearance.
- soft and slushy mud or dirt.
- figurative a situation or state of difficulty, distress, or embarrassment from which it is hard to extricate oneself
- many and of various types
- multifarious activities.
lacking interest or excitement; dull
- (typically of an action or activity) wicked or criminal
- the nefarious activities of the organized-crime syndicates.
- obedient or attentive to an excessive or servile degree
- they were served by obsequious waiters.
extremely unpleasant; repulsive
- not able to be seen through; not transparent
- hard or impossible to understand;
characterized by vulgar or pretentious display; designed to impress orattract notice
able to be touched or felt
- a person or thing viewed as a model of excellence
- your cook is a paragon.
relating to a church parish
- the presence of something only in small or insufficient quantities; scarcity
- a paucity of information.
overly concerned with minute details or formalisms,
- expressing contempt or disapproval
- permissiveness is used almost universally as a pejorative term.
a person who is hostile or indifferent to culture and the arts, or who has no understanding of them
a feeling of irritation or resentment resulting from a slight to one's pride
concise and forcefully
evoking a keen sense of sadness or regret
a strongly critical, controversial, or disputatious writing or speech
- an indicative of development
- a precocious talent for computing.
- a tendency to choose or do something
- a proclivity for hard work.
a descendant or the descendants of a person, animal, or plant; offspring
- producing many offspring, or works
- he was a prolific composer of operas.
- having the style or diction of prose; lacking poetic beauty
- prosaic language can't convey the experience.
- tending or able to change frequently or easily
- able to do many different things;
eager or quick to argue, quarrel, or fight
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview