The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Sensitivity to antigen of another individual of same species.
Example: Blood Types
Sensitivity to your antigens
Hypersensitivity to harmless material
What are the 3 functions of the lymphatic system
- 1.Filters extra cellular fluid for pathogens
- 2. Connects to circulatory system
- 3. Makes cells the fight disease
Makes the immune system less powerful
Antibodies are like...
The Spleen is like...
a recycling center
The Lymph is like...
The Lymph Node is like...
an oil filter
The Spleen does what? (3)
- destroys worn RBCs
- Salvages Iron
Tonsils do what?
Protect against bacteria or viruses from the outside
What does the Thymus do? (2)
- Make T cells
- Produce Hormone thymosin for the Maturation of T cells
What do Lymph nodes do? (2)
- Filter lymph of bacteria and more
- Make WBCs`
- Passage way
- --------Large pores allow large protiens
- --------Right Lymphatic and Thoracic duct-connect lymph sytem and circulatory system
B Stem Cells ()
- Immature B-in marrow
- Activated B-IB that came in contact with antigen
- Plasma B - Kills foreign cells
- Memory B- Acts second time to foreign cells
- Humoral Immunity (antibody-mediated immunity)
T Cells do what? (3)
- Kills Cells Directly
- Flags it for macrophage
- cell-mediated immunity
Why can't the spleen be repaired?
it is so soft and spongy
enlarged nodes in the neck that gradually move to the rest of the system
Lymph does what?
asorbs fats from intestines
Lymph enters through...
Lymph exits through...