Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the the controlling force of mass wasting?
What are the important factors in mass wasting?
- Earth material-consolidated or unconsolidated
- Water content- few cm/yr or km/hr
- Slope- as one unti or as fluid
Mass Movement Type (Creep)
- slow, gradual downslope movement of regolith on a slope (affects soil "soil creep").
- happens due to freezing/thawing, warming/cooling, and wetting/drying
Mass Movement Type (Solifluction)
type of mass wasting where waterlogged sediment moves slowly downslope, over impermeable material in overlapping sheets
Mass Movement Type (Slumping)
is a form of mass wasting that occurs when a coherent mass of loosely consolidated materials or rock layers moves a short distance down a slope.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview