The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- biological catalysts are proteins
- many reactions requiring extremely high temps and days to complete are completed in an instant b/c of these
- these serve as source of amino acids for embryos and infants
- ex: egg albumin and casein in milk
- specific protein molecules produced b specialized cells of the immune system in response to foreign anitgen.
- These foreign invaders include bacteria and viruses
- carry material from one place to another in the body. Thr protein transferrin transports iron from the liver to the bone marrow.
- Hgb and myoglobin are involved in the transport and storage of oxygen
- control many aspects of cell frunction, including metabolism and reproduction
- many of the hormones that regulat body function are proteins (insulin)
- provide mechanical support and provide for out covering
- our hair and fingernails are largely composed of the protein keratin
our muscles including heart, contract and expand through the interaction of actin and myosin proteins- cilia, flagella