Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Precautions of Gliclazide/glimepramide?
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Renal impairment
Adverse Effects of gliclazide/glimeparide??
- weight gain
- Nausea, diarrhoea, metallic taste
Dose of gliclazide?
- 40-320mg once or twice daily
- Start with 20mg once daily if 12-18y
- Controlled release: 30mg once daily initially
Counselling of Gliclazide/Glimepramide??
- Take with food to minimise risk of hypos
- Avoid binge drinking since it can lower blood glucose level. Eat when you drink also.
- Make sure you and family members know how to treat hypos
Dose of glimepramide?
- 1mg once daily initially
- increase by 1mg every 1-2 weeks, max 4mg daily
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview