110. What is primary weapons issue for Security Alert?
ANS: Ship’s Armory (7-101-2-A)
111. Who is the EMO?
ANS: CWO2 Wagner
112. How many 25mm chain guns do we have?
ANS: 2 (one port/one stbd)
113. How many boilers do we have on board and what types?
ANS: Two (1A and 1B) type “D” Foster Wheeler three burner front
114. What is the maximum speed when steaming on one boiler?
ANS: 14 knots
115. What is the maximum speed when steaming on two boilers?
ANS: 22 knots
116. Radio Frequencies:
· High Frequencies (HF)
i. 3MHZ-30MHZ (Examples: T-1603, R-2557)
· Very High Frequency (VHF)
i. 30 MHZ- 300 MHZ (Examples: SRC-54, GRC-211)
· Ultra High Frequency (UHF)
i. 300 MHZ- 3GHZ (Examples: WSC-3, URC-93, SSR-1)
· Super High Frequency (SHF)
i. 3 GHZ- 30 GHZ (Examples: WSC-6, WSC-8)
· Extremely High frequency (EHF)
i. 30 GHZ- 300 GHZ (Examples: WSC-9, Legacy)
117. Describe Naval Intelligence.
ANS: Properly employed, intelligence can give us an accurate estimate of the situation, forecast likely adversary courses of action, and allow us to apply selective, but decisive combat power throughout the battle space.
118. Describe the Gun Salute.
ANS: A gesture of friendship/peace.
119. Describe Naval Planning.
ANS: The means by which the commander coordinates naval forces activities in time, space, and purpose in order to achieve naval, joint, and multinational unity of effort toward a strategic objective.
120. What are the dimensions of the ship?
ANS: Length--643 Ft, Beam—108 Ft, Draft—29 Ft.
121. What does BDFA mean?
ANS: Basic Daily Food Allowance
122. Where do the profits from the ship’s store go?
123. What form is the Quarterly Food Service Report on?
ANS: NAVSUP Form 1359
124. What does HERO stand for?
ANS: Hazardous Electromagnetic radiation to ordinance
125. What does CSOW stand for?
ANS: Combat Systems Officer of the Watch
126. Who is the 3M Coordinator aboard USS Blue Ridge?
ANS: ETCS Norris
127. Name 3 things that use JP-5?
ANS: Helicopter, SSDG, P-100 Pumps
128. Which UNREP Stations are used for JP-5 Refueling?
ANS: UNREP Stations 7 and 8
129. Which UNREP Stations are used for personnel transfers?
ANS: UNREP Stations 3 and 4
130. Which UNREP Stations are equipped with portable king posts?
ANS: UNREP Stations 5 and 6
131. Which UNREP Stations are equipped with probe receivers for DFM?
ANS: UNREP Stations 1 and 2
132. What is NAVPERS Form 1060/602?
ANS: Page 2 of Service Record, Dependent and Emergency Data
133. What is NAVPERS Form 1060/604?
ANS: Page 4 of Service Record, Enlisted Qualifications and Training Data
134. What is the total fresh potable water capacity of the USS Blue Ridge?
ANS: 123,152 Gallons
135. What type of helicopter do we have embarked on the USS Blue Ridge?
ANS: SH-60F Seahawk
136. What is the firing rate of the MK-15 Phalanx CIWS in RPM?
ANS: 4,500 RPM
137. How many persons does it take to man the 40mm Saluting Gun?
ANS: 4 Persons
138. How many servers and what types do we have onboard?