Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the mechanism of maintaining:
1. Mean arterial blood pressure?
2. Blood flow to specific organs?
- 1. Neural (reflex) control
- 2. Local control
Define pressure storage
- Ability of aorta and large arteries to expand during systole
- Squeeze back during diastole
- Maintain pressure
Anchoring the heart:
Calculate Total Peripheral Resistance
(Mean arterial pressure - right atrial pressure) / Cardiac output
Calculate Pulmonary vascular resistance
(mean pulmonary arterial pressure - left atrial pressure) / cardiac output
Where is peripheral resistance the highest? Why?
- Small lumen, high wall thickness
What fraction of blood is stored in the veins under resting conditions?
2/3 - 3/4
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview