The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What forms limestone?
tiny bits of skeletons and shells
What do you call eroded material taht settles on the bottoms of lakes, rivers, oceans?
What is made of weathered rock, dead and decaying plant and animal remains?
Name the steps in forming fossils.
- 1. After it dies, skin, muscles and other soft body parts decay.
- 2. Sediment settles on the remains.
- 3. More layers form.
- 4. Remains are replaced with minerals that harden into rock.
- 5. Rock layers weather and erode.
- 6. The fossil appears at the surface.
How many major time periods is the history divided?
Have geologists found jellyfish in rocks?
Yes, in the Precambrian era.