Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Matching stimulation with mechanical work
What is the fundamental contracting unit in the heart?
What is the function of intercalated disks?
- Attach two cells in a fiber
- Provide gap junctions
Electrically coupled cell group
Describe the mechanism of Ca release from SR
- Ica channels open during Phase 2 plateau
- Influx of trigger Ca
- Causes calcium release channels in SR to open
- Ca induced Ca release
What molecule effects the contractile state? How?
- Catecholamines (isoproterenol or norepinephrine)
- Increase available Ca levels
- Wall tension prior to contraction
- Increases with increased EDV as per law of la place
- Approx. by end diastolic pressure
- Relationship between EDV and cardiac performance
- Increased venous return --> increased cardiac output
- Force against which the cardiac muscle is working in systole
- High afterload degrades ventricular performance
- Approx. by systolic pressure
Variables of cardiac performance
- Contractile state
- Heart rate
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview