P-3 Orion Engine and Oil Systems
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Engine RPM speed?
13, 820 RPM (100%)
Name of engine, and basic stats?
Allison T-56-A-14, single spool axial flow gas turbine, constant RPM, 14 stage
Bleed valves in the __ and __ stage of compression are provided to unload the compressor during engine start and acceleration.
5th and 10th
How much SHP?
4600 per engine
14th stage bleed air does what?
- Wing deice
- Engine anti ice
- Engine starting
- Bomb bay heating
- Oil cooler augmentation
- Closes 5th and 10th stage air
__% is used for combustion, __% is used for cooling
Igniters are located in what cans?
2 and 5
How many thermocouples measure TIT?
Normal RPM range?
Low RPM range?
List the stuff on the engine accessory drive section?
- Fuel control and coordinator
- Engine fuel pump
- Speed sensitive control
- Speed sensitive valve
- Main oil pump
- Oil filter
- Scavenge pump
What happens when I pull the E handle?
- Four F's and a bogie
- Fuel at fuel control shutoff
- Feather system actuates
- Feather valve moves to feather
- Fuel tank E shutoff valve closes
- Bleed air shutoff valve closes
- Oil tank shutoff valve closes
- Gen cooling air shutoff valve closes
- EDC dumps and firewall shutoff valve closes
What does the Ignition relay do?
- Ignition plugs in cans 2 and 5
- Paralleling valve solenoid
- Fuel manifold drain solenoid closes
During start, 16% switch does what?
- open fuel shutoff valve
- energize ignition relay
During start, 65% switch does what?
DE energizes the ignition relay (the fuel manifold drain now remains closed via pressure)
During start, 94% switch does what?
- opens 14th stage bleed air (which closes 5th and 10th stage)
- TD control valve goes from start limiting to temp limiting
What is on the RGB accessory drive section?
- Tach gen
- Oil pump/filter
- Oil scavenge pump
- Gen (2,3,4)
- EDC (2,3)
Oil tank total capacity?
Oil tank useable oil?
Oil tank UN useable oil?
Oil tank foaming space?
Oil system pressure?
Power section OIL PRESS light comes on at what PSI? RGB OIL PRESS light?
40 PSI, 130+-5 PSI
Engine oil temp range for oil/fuel heat exchanger?
60-90 deg C
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview