Autism Marriage Family
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Autism?
a disorder of the brain that causes impaired social interaction, problems with verbal and nonverbal communication, and unusual or severely limited activities and interests.
What are the six steps for encouraging a child to talk?
- 1. Finding something worth trying for
- 2. Modeling the words.
- 3. Getting them to talk on their own.
- 4. Keeping things social and interactive
- 5. Turning requests into conversations
- 6. Encouraging initiations.
What are the five parts of echolalia?
- 1. Teaching "I don't understand"
- 2. Rewording the question
- 3. Adding questions
- 4. Giving choices
- 5. Repetition for it own sake.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview