Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Exaggerated hypersensitivity reaction that in severe cases leads to vascular collapse, bronchospasm, and shock
Immunoglobulins produced by the immune system in response to bacteria, viruses, or other antigenic substances
Foreign substance that causes the production of a specific antibody.
Substance, such as alcohol and povdone-iodine solution (Betadine), that inhibits the growth of microorganisms on living tissue
Pertaining to a disturbance in the immune system in which the body reacts against its own tissue.
Soiled with pathogens or infected material; nonsterile
Substance such as alcohol or povidone-iodine solution (Betadine) that inhibits the growth of microorganisms on inanimate sufaces or objects
Agents that destroy pathogenic organisms
Infections acquired during hospitalization or in a healthcare setting; often caused by Escherichia coli, hepatitis viruses, Psendomanas, and Staphyloccus microorganisms
Relieving or alleving symptoms without curing the disease
The cleansing process that decreases the number of microorganisms to a safe level
The process of killing pathogenic organismn or rendering them inactive
Destruction of all microorgamisms
an immune response that does not involve antibodies or complement but rather involves the activation of macrophages, natural killer cells, antigen-specific, and the release of various in response to an antigen.
- a bacteria that, because of its thick outer wall, is easily able to survive in
- hostile environments otherwise not conducive to bacterial growth and
Engineering control and work practices
- *Providing puncture-resistant containers for used sharps
- *Providing handwashing facitities
- *Equiptment for sanitizing, decontaminating, and sterilizing
- *Enforcing proper handwashing
- *Enforcing proper technique for using handling needles to prevent needle stick
- *Enforcing proper techniques to minimize the splashing of blood
Cleaning spilled material
- 1. Sprinkle congealing powder over the spill
- 2. Scoop up spill
- 3. Place contents in the bag
- 4. Wipe area thoroughly with germicide
- 5. Place all contaminated material in biohazard bag or container
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview