Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
3 types of equipment for procedure
- advancement through artery
2 types of approaches in assessing arteries?
cut down and percutaneous
accessing the artery
have to be long enough to puncture vessels and the lumen has to be wide enough to unsert equipment
the length of arteriotomy needles are?
the diameters of the arteriotomy needle is?
- length: 2.75-3.0 inches long (for femoral)
- 1.5-2.0 (radial)
- 2.75-3.0 (A.C)
- 9.0 (lower back entrance)
- all are measured in inches
- diameters: are measured in gauges
- arterial are 18 gauges
types of needles used for access:
- front wall needle
- thin wall needle
- smart needle
- bloodless needle
- Raulerson syringe needle
Front wall needle
also known as modified Seldinger
1 piece needle ( just needle)
also known as true Seldinger
- 2 piece needle (the needle with oburtrator)
- use 2" for thin pt or irregular artery
- has risk for hematoma or pseudoanurisms
- 1 piece needle with doppler
- ultrasound guided
- needle with hemostatic valve and bag attached to it
- to bulky for table not commonly used
raulerson syringe needle
- easy to use
- prevents blood splashing
- syringe attached to needle
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview