Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name 5 essential services
- water delivery
- sanitary services
- fire protection
Name 3 non essential services
- green infrastructure
what is a greenway?
are visual and enviromental connections that allow for routes while also preserving the wildlife around it
connectors between transport and recreation
natural or man made
what are the benefits of greenways
- protect natural habitats
- enchace existing recreation opportunities and overall quality of life in an area
what is green infrastructure
- it is a strategically planned and manged network of natural land
- it focus on the consideration of natural enviroments
what does green infrastructure bring?
- clean water
- better soil
- recreation opp
what are natural resource areas
land used for preservation of natural resources
what is the difference between conservation and preservation
- conservation is the proper use of land to conserve it
- preservation is protection of natural resources from future use
what is restoration ecology
renewing destroyed ecosystem through human involvement
name 4 types of plant species
name the four types of ecosystems in illinois
what is a weed?
a wild plant growing where it is not wanted and in competition with cultivated plants
name the 4 benefits of leisure
name the 4 economic benefits of leisure
- employement opportunies
- lower health problems
- better work performance
what is the contingent value method
- willingness to pay
- used when dealing with natural amenities
Who was John Crompton
- from texas a & m university
- studied RST
- wrote a whole lot of articles on the proximate priniciple
- said property near parks makes them more valuable
What is the most important element in leisure programming?
Name some areas that can be included in the area of leisure programming
- work projects
what are municiplalites?
- politial unit
- created under authority of the state
- responsibilites vary
- have thier own independent local government
what are townships
- subdivisions of a county
- distinct unit of government
- snow removal is common example
- series of squares 36 being the most common
what are counties?
- subdivision of a state government
- intended to serve and govern areas outside cities and towns
what are rundown or bad neighborhoods caused by?
- zoning laws
- changes in shipping
- shopping malls
- morgage forclosure
name some renewal efforts
- creation of housing projects
- slum removal
these were replaced by the revitalization grant program
what is eminent domain
seize citizens property wih due monetary compenstaion but without owners consent
name 3 benefits of revitalization
- financial local tax revenue
- clean up of old manufactoring sites
what are public-private partnerships?
they are a combination of business and taxpayer project funding = tax breaks
what are the target areas of pubic-private partnerships?
- historic sites
name some issues with private-public partnerships
- zoning laws
- social equity
name 3 incentives for revitalization
- exisitng infrastructe
- shorter travel distances
- strength on numbers
what is the role of leisure in revitalization
- essential facors for developing and sustaining community
- can contribute to citys overall image and vitality
what is the defensive space theory?
area is safer when people feel sense of ownership and responsibility
what 2 elements are part of a successful defensible space?
- physical elements
name the three parts of the predatory crime triangle
- 1. Likely offender (top)
- 2. suitable target (L)
- 3. absense of a capable guardian (R)
what does CPTED stand for?
crime prevention through enviromental design
what are the 4 elements of CPTED
- natural survillance
- territorial reinforcement
- natural access control
- target hardening (locks)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview