Medical Assessment - NY EMT
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Verbalize Full General Impression of the Patient Including NOI/MOI From Dispatch Call.
AVPU = A then ask questions
- Who - Introduce Yourself and get their name.
- What - Cheif Complaint from Patient
- Why - Any Injury or Trauma Recently
This determines actual NOI/MOI and Decision on Neck Stabalization and call for ALS.
A & B
Airway and Breathing
Assess and Maintain Airway
Non-Rebreather at 15 Liters
Assure Adequate Ventilation, then Maintain and Monitor by talking w/Patient
Assess For and Control Majoy Bleading
Assess Skin CTC, Color, Temprature, & Condition
Decision to Load and Go
A, B, C, & D
Assessed Airway, Breathing, Circulation, and Decision to Transport, Prior to Focused History/Physical Exam
- Prevoke (What were you doing)
- Quality (type) of Pain
- Radiation or Referral of Pain
- Severity of Pain... 1-10
- Time (Times it's happened before)
- Intervention by Patient or Other
- Signs & Symptoms
- Past Pertinent History
- Last Oral Intake
- Events Leading to Present Illness (rule out Trauma again)
Focused Physical Exam,
- Auscilate Chest
- Palpate Abdomen
- Edema (Ankles, Wrists?)
Vital Signs (Baseline)
- Pulse (Rate & Quality)Respirations (Rate & Quality)
- Blood Pressure
Treatment/Interventions (NYS Protocol)
No Dangerous or Inappropriate Intervention!
Re-evaluate Transport Decision♦
Verbalize Consideration of Doing a Detailed Exam
- - Verbalize
- Repeat Initial Assessment, Vital Signs, and Focused Assessment Every 5 Minutes Until Reaching Hospital
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview