Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- -sorts people in each tribe into two sides by estate groups.
- -helps organize ritual activities
- - self made leader in tribal culture.
- - position is temporary depending on ability and consent of followers.
- distribution of goods and services by direct sharing
- field method which the observer shares in community activities
- an individuals personal power network
How long have people been fully Human?
- for 30,000 years
Cosmology: The Dreaming
- key element of aboriginal culture
Male supremecy complex includes
- - selective female infanticide
- - "war"
- - patrilocality
- - and polygamy
Shipibo-conibo kinship system
- does not distinguish cousins from siblings
- - most important food plant in Amazonia
- - grows from cutting
- - highly productive even in poor soil
- - but its source of protein is poor
Where does internal village conflict come from?
- - shortage of game
- - abuse of power
Who would a man most likely marry in an Ashaninka Iroquois kinship?
- someone he calls a cross-cousin
- ability of an individual to get what he/she wants
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview