Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
what are the three type of GI meds
antichoinergics, antispasmodics, antidiarrheals
what are the causes of acute diarrhea
- drug induced
what are the causes of chronic diarrhea
- addison's disease
- irritable bowel syndrom
anitcholinergics side effects for antidiarrheal
- urinary retention, hesitancy, impotence
- headace, dizziness, confusion, anziety, drowsiness
- dry skin, rash flushing
- blurred vision, photophobia, increased intraocular pressure
side effects for opiates antidiarrheal meds
- drowsiness, sedation, dizziness, lethargy
- nausea, vomitng anorexia, constipation
- respiratory depression
- brachycardia, palpitations, hypotension, urinary rentention, flushing, rash, urticaria
absorbents decrease the absorption of what?
digoxin, clidamycin, quinidine, and hypoglycemic agents
adsorbents cause what wheen given with anticoagulant?
what decrease the effects of anticholinergic antidiarrheal agents?
why should you not give pepto bismol to childuren under age 16 or teenagers with chicken pox
the risk of Reyes disease
anitcholinergix should not be administered to who?
patients with a history of glaucoma, BPH, urinary retension, recent bladder surgery, cardiac problems, or myasthenia gravis
when should you assess fluid boulume status, intake and output, and mucous membranes
before, during, and after initiation of treatment