- - philosophy that cops form partnerships with local citizens – they seek assistance from citizens
- - decentralize police department precincts
- - maximum police visibility – police are not the enemy
- - better communication with community and from community
- - police become accountable when visible to the community
- - racial acts, etc., would be easily observed
- - very proactive
- - police should prevent crime – be involved in community crime watch, etc.
In the past, juvenile were given little attention by police. Now, juvenile policing is MORE important. Why? Because those children are our future. There is still time to rehabilitate. Juvenile crime is where it all begins and we may have positive results to a proactive approach.