urban planning final
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Explain eminent domain. What were the two cases that support eminent domain?
- the government has the right to take property for public purposes
- they MUST compensate the owner the value of what is taken
- an example of the 5th Amendment "taking" clause
- a tool for redevelpment
- Berman v. Parker (1954)
- Kelo v. New London (2005)
What is Bonus or Incentive Zoning?
A Flexible Zoning Technique allowing increased residential densities for low and moderate income residents
What did the SSZEA instrumentally for zoning?
- ushered in a new era of federal responsibility
- gave states and cities a model for creating zoning ordiances
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview