ch. 29 bio test
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what is evidence that charophytes are the closest algea relative plants?
- 1) similar sperm structure
- 2) similarities in cell wall formation during cell division.
- 3) genetic similarities in chloroplasts.
- 4) similarities in proteins that synthesize cellulose.
what is absent in the closest relatives of the charophyte algea?
alteration of muticellular generations.
what is shared by all phyla of vascular plants?
- alternation of generations
- dominance of diploid generation
- xylem and phloem
- addition of lignin to cell walls
what is produced by meiosis in plants?
microphylls are found in what group of plants?
what is a land plant that produces flagellated sperm and has a sporophyte-dominated life cycle?
suppose an efficient conducting system evolved in a moss that could transport water and other materials as high as a tall tree. name true statements of this.
- 1) fertilization is more difficult
- 2) spore dispersdal ditances might increase but probably would not decrease
- 3) unless body parts were streightened, the tree would flop over.
- 4) individuals could compete more effectively for access to light.
identify if these structures are haploid or diploid.
- a) sporophyte is a diploid
- b) spore is a haploid
- c) gemetophyte is a haploid
- d) zygote is a diploid
- e) sperm is a haploid
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview